Saturday, June 29, 2013

WTF apps: Tentacle beat down game(Iphone)


Ever since I got my Iphone, I've done what most people do and tried out the various apps for it that didn't cost any money. However, unlike most people, when I get bored, I do some pretty  nonsensical, yet not illegal nor dangerous, things that often don't seem like anything a normal person would even think to do. What sort of things do I do when I get bored? Well one thing I've started to do is search for whatever stupid thing comes to mind on the app store.This brings us to today's subject, an app I like to call "Tentacle Beat Down", mostly because I don't know how to read Japanese.


"Tentacle beat down" is an app I found when I got bored and decided to search the word "Tentacle" in the app store. The game is free and is made by Daisuke Komiyama, who's only other app seems to be a pink haired moe anime girl calculator type app. The game is apparently about a girl who has a tentacle monster stuck under her skirt. Her goal in life is apparently to beat down all the monsters that cross her path, as well as all the humans, as to protect them from her deadly tentacle crotch.
What? Did you actually think I was joking?
Like most Iphone games, the gameplay is very simple. All you need to do is tap the screen to make "Tentacle girl" swing her kendo sword. When you hit an enemy, you get a certain amount of points and your multiplier goes up, though you will fall and hit your face on the ground if you swing the sword in thin air, as well as reset your multiplier. Other than that, the goal is to simply to get as far as you can and rack up as many points as you go along. These points accumulate and with them, you can unlock images and character bios in the gallery. 
However, these items will take a long time to unlock, mostly because of the high price listed for each of them. I say it's not worth the time, unless you become addicted to the game and rack up more points than you need. the games music and art are rater normal to be honest, so don't go into this expecting much.

Overall, the game isn't half bad and in all honesty, it's just a fun app. It's not overly creepy and is actually so random it's quite funny. In the end, look for it if you want to play it, but other than that, you can live without it.
How I found it:

For more awesome stuff from great blokes, visit TPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment